The Mahoning Valley Safety Council offers solutions to reduce workplace injury and manage workers' compensation claim frequency and severity.
The Mahoning Valley Safety Council…
- Is free to join.
- Meets 12 to 20 times a year for breakfast or luncheon training sessions.
- Strives to attract all local companies as members.
- Promotes workplace safety awareness.
- Advocates employer safety programs.
- Encourages networking opportunities among Mahoning Valley safety professionals.
- Is one of more than 80 local safety councils in Ohio.
- Is co-sponsored by the Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation, Division of Safety & Hygiene, in cooperation with the Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber.
- Serves Mahoning County, Trumbull County, northern Columbiana County and western Pennsylvania’s Mercer and Lawrence counties.
Established in the 1970s as the Greater Youngstown Safety Council and later the Manufacturer’s Association, the Mahoning Valley Safety Council is a private, non-profit public service organization dedicated to the purpose of promoting workplace safety awareness among small, medium or large employers and their employees.
Monthly meetings provide a place for members to discuss similar safety concerns and solutions with fellow members. An Ohio BWC Division of Safety & Hygiene Safety Consultant attends each meeting and is available to provide members with one-on-one guidance regarding specific safety needs.
Whether your business is in the service, health, retail or manufacturing industries, the MVSC offers something for everyone.
MVSC Enrollment Form
in PDF format.
Download the MVSC Brochure.
Download the latest Mahoning Valley Safety Council Calendar
in PDF format.
The Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award
First issued in 2007, the Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award recognizes Mahoning Valley businesses and individuals who have effectively transformed their work places from high-risk cultures into safety-driven environments funded and supported by executive management. The award is named in honor of Joan Kovach, a long-time safety advocate and owner of City Machine Technologies, Inc. until her death in 2006.
To nominate a company or individual for the 2013 Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award, download and complete a nomination form. Submit it to Elissa@regionalchamber.com.
Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award
Nomination Form in Word 2007.
The Joan Kovach Safety Leadership Award recipient is honored at the annual Mahoning Valley Safety Council Leadership Awards Luncheon. The luncheon also recognizes all companies that have made significant progress reducing the number and severity of worker injury claims.
Previous winners of the Kovach Safety Leadership Award include:
2012 Taylor Steel, Inc.
2011 Ronald Nicolli, Ohio BWC Safety Consultant
2010 Dearing Compressor & Pump Co.
2009 Mike Coates Construction Co., Inc.
2008 AmericanChurch, Inc.
2007 Parker Hannifin