2017 Starting Wages and Benefits Survey
The Youngstown/Warren Regional Chamber invites you to participate in the 2017 Starting Wages & Benefits survey.
While other surveys report average wage information, this document provides valuable starting wage information – an indispensable economic development tool!
The survey provides information that enables companies to:
• Keep pay rates for new hires competitive.
• Control payroll costs when making hiring and promotion decisions.
• Determine compensation and benefit levels based on industry comparisons.
To provide this data, we need your help.
Employers in the Mahoning Valley are contacted and asked about starting wages for various positions within their company. Occupations listed were selected based on industries that have expressed an interest in locating in the Mahoning Valley, projected growth areas and future industry trends.
The survey consists of two sections:
• The first section asks for details regarding company contact, size, hiring practices and benefits offered.
• The second section lists individual job titles and offers a place to write either the starting hourly wage or the starting annual wage.
The completed report will be made available to all those who participate. We will report only aggregate results and no individual company names will be released. All individual questionnaire information will be kept strictly confidential.
If you have any questions, or to return your completed survey, please contact:
Sandy Homrighouse, Economic Development Specialist,
YWRC, 197 West Market Street, Warren, OH 44481
P: 330-744-2131 ext. 1101
Don’t delay – surveys must be returned by June 15, 2017.
Thank you for your timely cooperation with this important effort.